by Gabrielle Antonette and Tessy King
Tessy King is an Australian ceramicist worthy of endless admiration. Her work embodies wabi-sabi, making perfectly imperfect vases, planters, art. She has shared with us one of her weekends in Australia, including a camping trip to the beautiful Wilsons Promontory National Park. I'd love to go there myself someday, but for now this will do. See more of her ceramics on her site and Instagram! All content below courtesy of Ms. King.
1. Isabelle pointing at the fog at Wilsons Prom. We hiked for three hours in the rain to go to 'Prom at the Prom'. Some friends of friends do it every year. I wore a dusty pink dress that I love, but forgot to take pictures. This was my first trip to Wilsons Prom, it's magic.
2. The clothes line in my backyard. These socks my housemate bought me for christmas and that's my Ken Done doona cover.
3. Keegan at Rubicon River. We went camping with my dog Roo. It's a state forest I think. I tried to go for a dip in the river but it was too late in the year. Freezing.
4. Roo in the lane behind my house. Sometimes I use this wall as a background for taking photos of my work.
5. Roo inside my house and an image of a street nearby. We live in Brunswick, which is close to the city. There's lot's of great bars, cheap food, quiet pubs and parks. It takes about 20 minutes on the tram to the city.
6. The wall I mentioned in #4.
7. Keegans backyard. They had that kids pool going in summer. His housemate has started brewing beer in the shed and it's apparently very good.
8. A prom dress on the hike back after the prom. We all had a little rest here. I ended up with a huge leech in my jeans after playing with rocks in that creek.
9. Our bathroom with fake vine.
10. The view from my table in the shed. I make ceramics so I have a huge table that I work on in front of this window. One of my housemates is a jeweller and she works in there too. Our shed is gigantic, it's a real surprise when you walk in. People are always jealous.
11. More Prom.
12. Keegan at night at Rubicon River. We cooked a veggie stew on there and it was all smokey and delicious from the fire.
13. Weeds in the driveway.
14. Roo and I at Rubicon River. She loves camping but because she isn't a very friendly dog its only good to take her where there aren't other people around. This place was perfect. She only fell in the water once.
15. Leftover ice on the fire at Rubicon River.
16. More Wilsons Prom.
17. The closest town to Wilsons Prom. We ate pizza across the road from this pub.